2023 AISES in Canada Gathering Call for Session Proposals
Call for Sessions Opens September 2022
The fifth annual AISES in Canada National Gathering will give Indigenous STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) students and professionals an opportunity to gather, connect, and create long-lasting relationships within Canada and across the continent. About 200 attendees from Canada and the U.S. are expected to attend the three-day event. There will be activities for high school students, university students, and professionals. Attendees will enjoy several keynote speakers, various sessions, research posters, as well as morning blessings and traditional local food.
Session Logistics (Two options)
- Research Sessions
Session Length: 15 minutes
- Breakout Sessions
Session Length: 45 minutes
Informational with participant interaction/discussion
Session Tracks (Three Options)
- Secondary/High School Student Track
- Post-Secondary/University/College Student Track
- Professional Track (includes entry-level, mid-career, and mature professionals)
Proposal Review Process
All proposals will be evaluated by AISES staff and a review committee comprised of student representatives, AISES board, council of elders, members of AISES advisory committees, and AISES professional members. Please be advised that the committee reserves the right to decline or accept your proposal in the interest of providing a balanced program. In some cases, AISES may request that sessions be combined and/or modified to meet the event’s objectives. Your flexibility and willingness to work with individuals with similar and/or related topics is appreciated.
Timeline and General Information
- The National Gathering is March 3 - 5, 2023 in Vancouver, BC
- Call for Sessions opens September 2022.
- The deadline to submit proposals is December 29, 2022.
- We will begin notifying accepted speakers by January 20, 2023.
- Presenters are invited to submit proposals that cater to both tracks.
Presentations and A/V
- Session rooms will be equipped with a projector, screen, presentation clicker, and Windows computer with internet access and connected to in-room sound system. Each room will also have a podium with microphone and head table and chairs. ALL rooms will be set with theater style seating.
- All presenters are asked to bring any presentation materials on a flash drive or other USB storage device. Presentation laptops are not equipped with CD/DVD drives. You may use your own computer, but AISES will not be able to support computers that do not have an HDMI connection.
- For optimal display PowerPoint Presentations should be in the 16:9 format.
- Presenters are responsible for providing all other materials necessary for their presentations besides A/V.
Logistics for Presenters
- AISES will offer a 50% discount to session presenters (limit 2 discount codes per session, non-transferable) to attend the AISES in Canada National Gathering.
- AISES requests you do NOT register for the National Gathering until session notifications are sent; no refunds will be processed for those who register and then wish to apply the presenter discount code. Codes will be provided after sessions have been selected.
- Presenters are responsible for their own travel, lodging and other related expenses.
For questions please email us at email@example.com.
|submission tab.||submission tab.|